Monday, January 14, 2008

Aaah Puberty




My baby's breaking out in acne, and it pretty much happened all this weekend. Poor guy is the same age as I was when I first started breaking out; 10. I looked at him yesterday and suddenly realized he looked a lot older. Dang, my baby Shay....
So I went to the store to get him some Oxy 10. Showed him how to use it. He seemed to be taking it well, considering. He's seen enough of those Proactive commercials, so he knows what acne is.

His cousin Skylar is about to turn 11 and her family is anticipating the arrival of her "friend," the period. She's been more withdrawn lately, and acting different.
It's depressing.

On a happier note, the 34th birthday was nice. We had some friends over, and Steve actually paid one of my friends to make the lasagna and cake. She made a very cool checkerboard cake with my picture on top.