Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ooh the Moooon!!

Got up at 2 am to check out the lunar eclipse. It was cool. I actually got great footage of it with the video camera, now I have to figure out how to attach the camera to the computer so I can email it.

While I had some time alone yesterday, I got to looking thru the video tapes stored in the living room cabinets. Not too many home movies, I'm sure those went with the ex when she left. But there was one that was interesting: Steve's brother's wedding back in 1996. Steve was the best man, and everyone had a mullett. Business in the front, party in the back. Yes, I know, most of the world had cut the mullett in 1996 but Havasu was a little behind the times at that point.

Not too many people had cable tv.

Fortunately, they were short mulletts so it wasn't too awful. But what I thought was funny was Steve's toast to the new couple. It was terrible. He was going thru his divorce with Sergeant Iron Pants (the first divorce--they got back together eventually--so they could divorce again.) and he was apparently depressed about it. (oh by the way she had a mullett too, and still does)

His speech reminded me of Adam Sandler in the Wedding Singer--when his crappy white trash fiancee left him at the alter and he consequently ruined everybody else's weddings that he was performing at. Steve's white trash wife left him so he made his toast at this wedding really pitiful. I wanted to reach thru the t.v. and choke him. "Hello! Have you MET her??? She's awful!!!!"