Sunday, October 26, 2008

Utah aaaahhhhh

I went to Utah for some training last week, and stood amazed at how beautiful it was. I'd never been there, so it was a real treat to see the red rocks for the first time. My camera is on its way to the Kodak people. Something has been wrong with it for a couple of weeks and finally I realized that smacking it on the table wasn't the right way to deal with it.
So here are a few of the pictures that did turn out of fabulous St. George Utah.




This is me on top of a mesa, where the old airport is. It's called the old airport because they just broke ground on a new airport nearby. Anyway, it is situated on top of a flat-topped mountain, and the view of the city down below is awesome.


On the way home, I drove on the highway through the "Virgin River Gorge" which is much more breathtaking in person than it is on a little camera. It's like driving thru a mountain.


What a wonderful place to visit. Very clean town, with seemingly low crime. (the headline after I arrived in town was; Obama Signs Vandalized" That's not a crime...)

I didn't see graffiti once. The population is somewhere around 75,000. That's about 25,000 more than what we have here in Havasu. They have Mormon churches in every neighborhood, which I assume accounts for how nicely the town is kept up. Strict parenting probably doesn't yield a whole lot of hooligans....