Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wonderful Tonight

After finishing my favorite book so far, "Clapton" I found out that Eric Clapton's ex wife Pattie Boyd wrote an autobiography as well, called "Wonderful Tonight."
Of course Hastings doesn't have it. So I got it on Amazon. It arrived today! Yay!

The Clapton song, "Wonderful Tonight," was actually written about Pattie, but Eric said in his book that it was penned out of frustration because in their attempts to get ready and go out in the evening to a function or friend's house, Pattie was always taking way too much time. He would repeatedly tell her, "You look wonderful, let's go!!" He admitted that he was hot headed back then and probably made too much out of being late, but at least when the song was eventually recorded it sounded more like a very sweet compliment to her than a bitch-out.

Pattie was a model in England back in the 60's, and posed with other models such as Twiggie. She's gorgeous.

I'm finding out that lately I'm uninterested in anything that's not an autobiography. I got started on William Shatner's book last night and it's very funny so far.