Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

People are always surprised that I can cook a decent meal that doesn't cause food poisoning.
I've maintained that anyone can cook, they just have to be willing to take a chance on dishes that they've never tried.

But deep down I hold a secret, so terribly, terribly awful.

I can't make cookies.

Whether it's a roll of Pillsbury Doughboy stuff, or a box of mix, or cookies from scratch; my cookies are NEVER right.

But I can make cake and pie like nobody's business. Cupcakes are a snap. Custard is no problem.

The friggin cookies elude me.

Until last night. I googled a peanut butter cookie recipe, got out the ingredients, and started workin'.

A while later, I had a batch of cookies that were edible and not too shabby looking.

I've turned a corner.