Saturday, October 17, 2009

Jet Ski World Finals



Today was the fifth day of racing for the Jet Ski World Finals, and I decided to get some photos of the vendor row, or "Performance Alley."









As the sun set, I headed over to the other side of the property to check out the motocross races (big piece of property, to have World Finals on one side and motocross on the other)
Shay's dad has him racing motocross, and I've never been able to get to one of his races. They're usually scheduled while I'm out of town or working at some other event.
As I weaved through the thousands of people, I looked over at the track to see what age group was racing. I had no idea where to find Shay.
Then this tall blonde kid came walking toward me, I could see him out of the corner of my eye. It was Shay! I guess I forget how tall he's gotten.

I was not in time to see his first race, and his next wouldn't be for two more hours. So I took a couple of photos.



Here's Shay and his dad:



And, no, his dad did NOT look like that when we were together.
That whole look is a part of his new life.