Monday, November 23, 2009

Used To

I used to have a little baby that looked like this:




He had hobbies like exploring little areas of interest, like this:



Now he looks like this:



And his hobbies include this:



And this:



I used to wear my hair in a snappy side-part with a smart white barret. Like so...



That was 1985. That same year, I saw the space shuttle Columbia in person. It was on its way back to Florida after landing in California. After a refueling stop in nasty old Omaha, it took off. It wasn't very close, but I remember seeing the scorch marks on the white tiles.



I moved to Arizona after 9th grade, graduated in the top 20 of my class. It must've been my glasses:



I went to nursing school. That was a bit like several years of torture. Hated it. Really hated it. Couldn't believe that the one profession I'd dreamed of joining for so long was as awful as it was. Here I am in the last semester of nursing school:



My classmate with me in the picture left after that semester as well, to move to Nebraska. Nursing jobs paid waaay better there.

I used to camp in some nearby mountains with friends every July. We'd hike all day, exploring and looking for wildlife. We would run into bears, deer, elk, and all sorts of forest dwellers. One hike we discovered this canyon. Had no idea it was there!



I'm standing on a very precarious ledge while Shay's dad takes a photo.
I sure do miss my brown hair.