Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Moved To Tears?

My son and I are big fans of the ghost busters shows. You know, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, etc.

We've watched Ghost Hunters since their early days, when they were operating their offices out of a little tiny trailer in their back yard. We like them because they seem to try to keep things scientific, and they are giving the impression that they're looking for evidence. Not ratings.

See how serious they are?
Ghost hunting is serious business.



Then there's a show we kind of discovered accidentally, probably during the Halloween season stuff that the Travel Channel does. But we found it so entertaining we couldn't stop watching!
The guys on Ghost Adventures are a crack up. "Dude!" "Bro!" "Sweet!"
And they put so much drama into what they're doing, it's just intoxicating. Shay likes it more than I do. He'll sit thru a whole show without fast-forwarding.



They don't seem to take things too seriously, and it makes the show pretty funny sometimes.

Do I care if either of these shows are faking it? No, not really. I just want to be entertained.

So then people started really making a big deal about the movie Paranormal Activity.
I didn't go to the movie, my schedule was pretty awful and I didn't take the time to go sit thru it. But then it came out on DVD.
And while I did laundry this morning, I watched it.

I have never had a movie scare me so bad. Really. At one point, I was sick to my stomach. Then there was a scene that scared me to tears. To tears!!!

I was still shaking, fifteen minutes after the movie had ended.

I know there are lots of people who call the movie "stupid," or whatever, but it scared the living daylights out of me.

Can I recommend it to anyone? No, not really. Not unless you like being disturbingly scared!!!