Monday, July 12, 2010

The Pool Is Popular Again

The poor swimming pool is empty all the time--not empty of water, just people. Don't know why--it's just impossible to get anyone around here to take a swim. Steve will go out there during the months of July and August, after sunset. Shay will go out and swim if he's got a friend to swim with. I am out there when I'm cleaning it. That's about it.
But having Shay help me with the pool filter yesterday was a bonus--because the heat inspired him to jump in the water and get cooled off!
And jump he did....











I was content to slip in the water once in a while, and paddle for a bit. Oh and of course the cloud-gazing was good. I thought for a moment that the sudden cloud cover was going to cool things off but I was incredibly wrong.



It was 119 degrees by the time 5pm rolled around!!