Sunday, July 18, 2010

Someday I'll Fight

I think it would be fun to get in a fight. Not just any fight--there'd have to be gear and stuff. And an octagon-shaped chain link cage all around.



When it's affordable, we head one hour north to Nevada to watch the M.M.A. fights. My trainer always has some of his students on the schedule (the "card" as they call it) and it's exciting to see the matches in person.

It's literally a date night for us. We get all fixed up and we talk all fast and excitedly as we anticipate the fights. Shay goes with us because he can't resist a few hours of "human cockfighting."



I know it seems redneck but I can't help it.






Out of the four fighters from my gym, three of them were victorious. That's tough to swallow because usually ALL of our fighters come home with a victory.
The female fighter from my gym couldn't be matched up in time for the fights (it's difficult to find another female fighter, I'm sure) so she didn't get put on the card. Perhaps I'll start training with her, and we'll put on a show!!