Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Know What Hot Is!

Yesterday was Primary Elections Day for Arizona, and it included my City Council run. It was ALSO one of the hottest days of the year for us. I got going at 5:30am, so I could get ready and go campaign at the polling places. I earned many votes from people who were undecided as they walked in, and I met many people who had already intended to vote for me.
What a neat experience, but WOW what a hot one. It was nearly 120 degrees, and there was no shade once we got to high noon. But I had to do it!

The votes are being verified now, but it looks like I managed to earn 41% of the votes cast and I needed 50% to earn an automatic seat on the Council. So that means I get to duke it out with the other challengers for the General Election in November.

I've already established a new campaign strategy, and my friends are rallying behind me to help me WIN in November!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me get this far. This has been a huge challenge and we'll all have a reason to celebrate when we get to the finish line.

THANKS!!!