Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Sheriff and I

Mohave County Sheriff Tom Sheahan is one of my buddies, but you'll have to pardon me if I promote Pima County Sheriff Paul Babeu for a little bit. ( oops, Pinal County--someone wrote and corrected me)
Pinal County is in Southern Arizona--thus putting it near the Mexican border. Paul has been on national news quite regularly, asking for support from the Federal government with the illegal alien and drug smuggling problem down there.
Of course the Federal government doesn't seem to be listening to him.

Last week I drove three hours to get to the opening celebration for the 2011 Dodie Londen group. This is the educational series that I graduated from back in May.

Well, Sheriff Babeu was there as well! And he seemed to recognize me from Facebook. Either that, or he very easily read my huge SHAWNA THORNTON name tag.



I don't think I had a point to this blog posting, other than to brag that I got a photo with the Sheriff. Hmmm....