Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mrs. Quayle

As busy as I was in September, I forgot to share my dinner experience with Mrs. Dan Quayle. Her name is Marilyn, she is the former 2nd Lady of the White House. I named the mother quail in our neighborhood after her.

I knew very little about her when she was 2nd Lady, I only knew about her husband's flubs. But Marilyn is actually quite an accomplished lady. She's done probably more than her husband, really. She's worked around the country for many years teaching disaster preparedness, and has worked in the Phoenix area to help get women involved in politics.

She spoke at the Dodie Londen opening dinner that I attended, and I took so many photos of her I don't think I heard everything she said.


Her son, Ben Quayle, just recently won the Republican nomination for a Congressional seat. He has opponents in the General Election so he was out campaigning on this particular night. But his wife was there--she was a sweet lady.