Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm On A Boat

Gary and I have been getting to know each other, and one of the things I found out about him is his love for the lake and going out on his boat.
Since I've worked in the boating industry around here (mostly part time) for several years, I'm surprised I didn't know him before. Or see his boat....


Oh. My.

What a beautiful ride. We managed to take the boat out in May for the first time, and we spent the entire day in a cove by ourselves. He snorkled, I relaxed.

Well, I played with my camera, too.





We managed to get out again with a couple of friends, but it was more like a rescue mission. They'd gotten several miles downriver in their boat and it quit on them. So we dragged out Gary's Laveycraft and pulled their day out of the dumps...



They were good passengers. I was the stewardess. I served Fritos and Doritos. At one point we were on the beach near the London Bridge, enjoying shade and laughing at the parade of boats going by. I remarked that there are probably only a handful of people in the world who could say they sat on a boat under the London Bridge that day. And we'd be included in that handful.

And how many people can say they were parked next to this BAZILLION DOLLAR boat that da? Probably not many.


One side of the boat says Lick. The other side says This.

How many people can take a serious photo like this? Not many, I'm sure.