Tuesday, July 8, 2008

How Old Are You?

Apparently, I'm so old I have had to have facial features tattooed on my face because they've disappeared!!
You've probably heard the term "permanent makeup" because the beauty schools are churning out these new professionals who offer these services. I've heard the term, I've even got some friends who have permanent eye liner, but I honestly didn't think about what was involved. So, I finally got fed up with penciling in my eyebrows every morning. They've vanished over the past five years and I've become quite self conscious about it. That's funny, since my eyebrows used to be a huge source of self-consciousness in my younger years because they were so unnaturally full!
I remember being told by an older coworker once that she never had to trim her eyebrows because they just kind of thinned out over the years.
I thought to myself, "Sheesh, if ONLY I had that problem."
Well, then I got that problem. I started to look like I was purposefully shaving my brows off or something.

So I made the appointment, went in, showed the girl how I wanted my brows, and she got to work. About an hour later she was done. She'd first trimmed them and waxed them, to get the right shape. Then she showed me some colors and I picked the one least likely to look fake. That's a first....Ha...
Then she supposedly numbed my brow with some stuff but once that tattoo gun got going I swear there was not one little bit of numbing going on. It HURT!!!!!!
Like a sonofabitch!!!! It stung!!!!!

The end result I was actually quite pleased with. They have a nice shape, with a little arch so I don't look like a Geico caveman. They're scabbed over right now, and the scab is a bit darker than what the pigment of the tattoo is. So I look like an evil villain with the dark eyebrows. By the end of the week they should be healed and the true color will be visible. My eyebrows will grow over this tattoo, of course, and the pigment on the skin underneath will make them look nice and lovely. Cool!

I'll be sure to post pictures once the camera batteries are charged.