Wednesday, February 18, 2009

McCain on the Brain

Ho hum, just another day in Havasu. Oh yes, the usual stuff. And McCain stopped by.

I know you normal people out there are like, "So what?" But the rest of us, the Mcainiacs, had to be sedated because we were so nervous and excited.

Nervous?

You betcha!

My hands were shaking so bad this morning, as I got myself ready for our meeting.

No need to be nervous. He turned out to be a really nice guy. We met at the restaurant out at the airport, and although we all didn't agree on all the issues we discussed, we had a great time. And I sat right next to him. Right. Next. To. Him.
My hero. I sat next to my hero John McCain today.
And he would kid around once in a while. Really! In fact, he's kidding around with Buster Johnson in this photo:


He talked about the Economic Stimulus fiasco:



He listened as we all discussed the illegal alien problem in Arizona:


He gave his opinion on the state of the Republican party:


He discussed campaigning in our area, and what our goals should be for the candidates we support:


He posed for pictures, and signed his autobiography for me:



And then he left for other meetings.

All in all, we had about an hour with Senator McCain, and it was the most awesome thing for a person like me who has looked up to him and admired his services to our country.