Sunday, February 15, 2009

What Is Rockabilly?

I've been anticipating the Rockabilly Reunion here in Havasu for almost a year, ever since I heard about its inception. I've always wanted to try and have a Rat Rod show here, but never thought it could be pulled off.
What exactly is Rockabilly? I guess it would be a sort of fascination with the 1950's lifestyle, sort of. The pompadour hair and Fonzi outfits for guys, and the overdone curls and hair products, lots of makeup, lots of pencil skirts, platform mary jane shoes for the girls. And the Rat Rods. Oh my GAWD they're cool!
Steve and I took his boss's cars and I dressed up a little bit like a Rockabilly.
My hair took a little bit of planning and effort:

But I certainly wasn't the only one....











But the cars on display were ten times as unique. We go to a lot of car shows each year, and never are the rides this awesome:




We had a couple of the coolest cars with us, but because we weren't pre-registered for the show we weren't eligible for a trophy. Too bad, because the trophies were awesome: