Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Desert In Bloom

Yes, we have flowers. Everywhere. And the mountains and hills nearby look as though there's a fungus growing on them because of all the green. My allergies are okay, as long as I don't have a beer. Funny sounding, I know, but my pollen allergies are worsened by beer. This sucks on St. Patrick's Day. Oh by the way, Happy St. Patrick's Day.

I have only a sampling of the blooms around here:









This last picture is the most moving for me, because it's the blossoms on my lime tree. There's baby limes on there!!! By July, I'll be picking some gorgeous limes and using them in my Coronas.
I have a lot of dog-sitting clients right now, who pay me to take their dogs for a walk. Since nearly every yard around here has at least one citrus tree, I have been enjoying the sweet smell of citrus blossoms all week. It's so wonderful.

Stay tuned on Bloom Watch 2009, as I will be hunting for the perfect Saguaro Cactus Blossom......