Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dog Sitting



I've been dog sitting A LOT this week, but for a really good reason. Well, several. Some people depend on me to take care of their babies so they can leave the house for a few days without worrying. And also, I've been saving up for Steve's Father's Day present and this week was the perfect opportunity to work a bunch and get that done.

Dog sitting isn't brain surgery. I appreciate that. It is a great responsibility, because if I have several households of dogs to look after I have to keep a tight schedule to make sure everyone's fed on time, they're let out to potty on time, and the ones who get walked are taken care of.
And of course I take time to sit down and play for a bit. What's really cool is my clients all live in beautiful homes. I guess you could say people in the slums don't pay for dog sitters. So here's where I've spent a lot of time this week, taking care of Tango And Kash. Yes, I know.....

And here's a picture of me "working"

It's been a rough week.

But here's the glory-filled moment where I finally saved the money to buy Steve's present:

My hand was actually shaking when I paid that. I'd tell you what the surprise is, but this is the world wide web and I would like it to remain a surprise.