Friday, June 12, 2009

Countdown

Rhonda Dude and Brandy Dude are flying out next Wednesday for their first breath of Shawna Air since, well, 22 years ago.
The local newspaper is interested (because people are tired of tragedy) so we're going to well-document the visit.

I will be putting in my request to the Keeper of the Universe, my departed friend Regan, to help me out with the temperatures so Brandy and Rhonda won't melt as soon as their plane lands. Wish me luck. I figure my canary in a box will be a wax candle, so when it melts I know it's too hot for the girls.

Also, I am counting down till the 26th. I purchased those lovely tickets back in March, for Steve's surprise Father's Day extravaganza. I can't wait. It's a concert and it's an awesome one. Can't post what it is, just in case the Steve Dude happens to log onto my blog.

Another countdown is the one for the Whitesnake/Judas Priest concert in August. I got Shay and I tickets for $25 each. Shit, I can't even get a meal at McDonald's for that much. I checked around for other concerts, and Ratt is playing in July. For $75 apiece! WHAT???? I don't think so. I want to Ratt n Roll all night, and so does Shay, but not for that price.
I heard on the radio that Whitesnake and Judas Priest will be wearing their now vintage leather and spandex on stage. So, in turn, Shay and I will be dressing up like Joe Dirt. I already cut the sleeves off my flannel. It's not a real flannel, though, it's Basic Editions from Wal Mart. It's all I could find.