Sunday, June 14, 2009

I Spilled

Steve and I sat at the computer this morning, trying to think of a summer vacation to take the kids. We were looking at activities in Vegas, when Steve came across a link advertising the Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood concert tour. He looked at it and said, "Aww, that would be a cool concert to see."

So I said, "Really..."

Then I gave him his Father's Day present. A card with two Clapton concert tickets. He didn't jump for joy, but I've actually never seen Steve jump for anything...(pesky legs) but he was truly surprised and happy. Never mind that it was a whole WEEK before Father's Day. But I just couldn't keep it a secret anymore. And the timing was perfect. He was looking at concert ticket prices for the summer. So, the Shawnster did good.

He was suddenly inspired. He said more than once, "Man, I NEVER thought Clapton would be a concert I'd get to go to..." and then he started googling other classic rock concerts. Yep, now he's got his heart set on seeing Santana in September.

A room in Vegas and two show tickets comes to $580.00. I think I'll let him save up for that one. Clapton nearly killed me.