Monday, June 15, 2009

Still No Camera

I have to do a little extra rump shaking in order to get the camera I want. That'll take some time. Until then, I'm using Steve's camera (and he says he WISHES he could give it to me but his boss paid for it...)

Steve's camera is actually the same model as mine but a little bit better. It takes HD video (whaaa?????) and the megapixels are a little better. People have asked, "Why do you need so many megapixels?" But they get their answer when they see the posters we've made from our photos.

Next week, besides the Clapton thing, we are showing some trucks at a HUGE show in Vegas. This will bring notoriety as well as great satisfaction to Steve's boss who has spent untold THOUSANDS on these trucks. But, the show organizers have a rule: One show truck per entrant. That means I have one registered to me, Steve has one, and his boss has one. The one assigned to me is Sneeky Pete. I've posted photos before but here's a reminder...



I am giddy with excitement because this is the first time Sneeky's been shown at such a large venue, and it's going to cause quite a stir at this show. And Sneeky has a REALLY good chance of getting a trophy. So you know who will be recognized? Me. And you know how much of my hard earned dollars have been spent on Sneeky? None. Too funny.

I have to be present, and sober for judging. I've decided to adopt a different "persona" for that portion of the show. I just haven't figured out who I want to be yet. My first instinct is to become my friend Jessi, who has immortalized the attitude of "I do what I want!" I think it would be funny. The judges probably wouldn't.

Mike (Steve's boss) is showing the truck that he's been restoring for several years. It is a 1979 Peterbilt that would normally be worth about $20,000, at the most. He has dumped so much money into it that right now it would have a price tag of about half a million. Ouch. But man is it pretty. And huge. It includes a motorcycle lift and garage, and we tried it out for the first time this weekend.





Interesting, huh?