Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mom And Shay's Day

Today was the awards assembly for Shay's school, and I was really glad I got to be there. He was given his Perfect Attendance for the whole year, which included a certificate, a bunch of freebies like free bowling for the summer (every darn day!) a free lunch at a couple of places, and his name was entered in a drawing for Sea World passes. He didn't win the passes, but it was thrilling all the same. There were only 14 kids at his school who got Perfect Attendance. Yay, Shay!
And then there were the surprise prizes. He was awarded for Citizenship and Sportsmanship. Whaaatttt??? Neither of us were expecting those.
To celebrate, we went to the K-Mart and got Shay a new Razor scooter. And then Payless (Why pay more?) for a new pair of skater shoes. Then Chili's for some lunch. We were going to do some more stuff but he decided he wanted to go to a friends's to try out the new scooter.
Here's a demo of the new scooter down at the skate park:


It apparently works ok.


But I had fun with the alien looking clouds, after all that hoopla. We had some strange winds whip up, and the result was some cloud formations that reminded me of my time on Alderon.




Pretty cool, eh?

Tomorrow morning I head out to Ensenada, Mexico, for the Baja races. I wish I could update the blog from there, but it is usually a miracle to find any kind of decent cell phone signal, let alone a wireless connection.

Wish me luck!!