Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Brandy and R.J.'s Flight

Today Steve took the Huey out for a flight, and this is the one that was actually supposed to happen while Brandy and R.J. was here. Dang it.
So I made Shay go with me. He DID NOT WANT TO GO.

I think he looks at Steve's cane every day and is reminded of what can go wrong in a helicopter. But I made him go anyway.

He wasn't so thrilled at first.



But then his attitude improved.



And then we posed together.



And then he gave the "devil horns" to some boaters on the lake below.



He learned something today. A couple of things, really.

1. Steve's a really good pilot. No need to stress.

2. People on the ground always wave to a hovering helicopter.

3. The big helicopter has no air conditioner. So when we got out on the runway, we hopped in my car and looked at the temperature:



Time to go home!!!