Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Little Lizard Rescue

You know how I feel about reptiles. Remember, I had a complete global meltdown when a snake appeared in the pool skimmer.
Well today I was cleaning the pool and I noticed something very tiny on the side. Not hanging over the edge of the pool, but actually sticking to the pool just above the waterline.
It was a teeeny weeenie lizard, holding on somehow. I put my hand over to him and he anxiously climbed on.
Here's how tiny he was:



I told him about our wonderful front porch program that we offer neighborhood lizards, and he just looked at me with his miniscule eyes. We have a fountain, a tree, a bush, and several plants that lizards like to occupy on the front porch AND it's shielded from the afternoon sun. Another plus, it's not Kitty Meow Meow Jackson's territory. He prefers the back yard and side yard. Several lizards gave their life for this information.
I walked all the way around the house to the front porch with this tiny little creature just sitting calmly in my hand. This was such unusual behavior for a lizard, they're never sitting still. I think he was appreciating the gesture.

But then as we got to our destination, he got all excited and decided to run up my arm and into my hair. This is where I quietly had a panick attack. "Lizard in my hair. Lizard in my hair. No. No. No. No."
I couldn't smack at him because he was such a tiny little delicate thing. So I calmly located him near my right ear and put him down on the porch. And there he sat for a while, checking out the habitat. And then I had the willies for a while.