Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Axis of Evil

No, not Iran, Iraq, and North Korea: it's my crock pot today. We're having dinner guests and it was nearly a year ago that this crock pot recipe was entrusted to my ears.
Turkey, turkey, turkey. It's not just for Thanksgiving anymore. Buying a whole turkey is such a waste because we never are able to use the WHOLE thing, no matter how hard I try. So I get the turkey breast. I put a little water in the crock pot, then the turkey, then I slather the turkey breast in real butter chunks and slices of cream cheese. Yep, cheese. Then put in a bunch of Italian seasonings like oregano, bay leaves, and garlic salt. Cook it on low all day, and at dinner time you have a delightfully evil fattening turkey breast.

One time I tried this recipe with pepper jack cheese, because I forgot to buy the cream cheese. It was BRILLIANT. The cheese really does cook into the meat, giving it a great flavor.

So tonight I will be using my new corn creamer that we found at a Las Vegas cutlery (some people gamble, we go find kitchen supplies) and I will make Pioneer Woman's Corn Casserole. MMMMM....more butter.....

And since the lime tree is dropping limes faster than I can give them away, I will make a lime curd and pour it into little individual graham cracker cups.

To top it off, I found a bottle of THUNDERBIRD at the grocery store (less charming and classy than the MD 20/20) and we'll probably sip on that. Yeah, right.