Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jeepers John



John McCain has been scaring our family for two days now. I acquired him from a friend on Sunday, and immediately put him up on the back sliding glass door. Well, then my heart stopped SEVEN TIMES on Monday because every time I walked through the living room I saw a 6 foot tall person at the back door.
After Shay went to bed we decided McCain should be moved to his hallway, so we could hear him shout in fear the next morning.

We heard nothing, because Shay says he knew I'd do something like that.

A couple of years ago, after I showed the kids the Blair Witch Project I promptly created a stick figure like those that were hanging from the trees in the movie, and hung them outside their bedroom doors. And I made little pyramid piles of stones on the floor. That scared them. Just last week I found one of the stick figures hidden in my linen cabinet. Someone's trying to spook me.