Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Me, The Celebrity Stalker

While in California we managed to stumble across a few celebs, and I sort of got good photos.

First one, which was a total surprise, was Reggie Jackson. Mr. October appeared out of nowhere and turns out he was the owner of the very rare Camaro that I was admiring. THIS Camaro:



I looked up at one point, and there was Reggie...



Well then I laughed at the wax figures that were displayed over in one corner. Some of the cars at this particular auction belonged to celebrities like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra, and their spooky life-size figures were standing nearby. There was a Jennie Craig one, because apparently she and her husband are big car collectors:



And then down the walkway I spotted the REAL Jennie Craig. Sorry, she wasn't looking my way:



On Sunday during the big show, I dressed up in all my fancies and paraded around like a goofy debutante. Steve said people were stopping and taking my picture, likely because I was ACTING like I was "someone."



But then I ran into a few people who were really "someone," like Paul Mitchell (the hair salon guy)



And Jay Leno, who is a regular at this car show:



He was talking to an English race car driver who had some cars on display.

But then I heard a rumor. Seinfeld was in da' house. Whaaaa?????

I was shmoozing with Steve's boss when all of a sudden, the King of my Thursday nights walked by. Well, my Thursday nights back in the 90's....

And he walked by me so close that I got excited and fumbled my camera....

And got this fantastic photo of his legs...



When I finally got the camera pointed correctly, I aimed and then Jerry



well, he looked away and turned and walked off. I was too nervous to ask him for a photo because he looked really grumpy. Honestly, I'm too nervous to ask most public figures for anything because what happens if they're a total jerk to me? Then I won't like them anymore. All because they wanted to enjoy themselves at an event and I was the dork with the camera bothering them.

But luckily I saw Jerry again....

And this time he was smiling. He was in his Porche race car, driving it across the stage.





But then some magic happened.

You know my obsession with Arnold has only festered over the past couple of years. And who was the surprise presenter at the awards ceremony?



And yes, that's Arnold, making EYE CONTACT WITH ME!!!!!

He thought that I had placed a bid on the jacket he was auctioning.

We had a moment. A fleeting moment. And Maria wasn't there.