Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Twisted Intestines

Do you let things bother you, to the point of a stomach ache? I mean, like, a knotted, twisted feeling in the pit of your stomach and there's nothing you can do to stop it?
I'm always surprised to hear that many people do that. I certainly do. I let something bother me, then I worry about it, then I lay awake at night and worry some more. After a day or two I've got stomach problems that won't go away. And it's usually something bothering me that I can't just fix with a wave of a wand.
I like to joke that I worry about things out of my control like the fate of the little bunny who lives in the bushes across the street. But really I worry about EVERYTHING in my life. EVERYONE.
I've convinced myself that nothing lasts forever, and I get myself sick anticipating the moment when something or someone proves me right.
I have learned that attempting to minimize the worry only makes it worse. And it will take a freight train to drag it out of me.
I used to be so confident, but then things kept happening that made me realize there are very few things in life that a girl can be confident about. Death, taxes, etc.

Well that just stinks.