Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve



I put the tree up today at about 5pm. Not kidding. 5pm. I meant to put it up on Monday or Tuesday, but time definitely got away from me. I would've put it up sooner today, but I spent 8 hours working on Steve's present. Not kidding once again. I honestly thought TOMORROW was Christmas Eve. But his present will definitely show how much effort I put into it. I've been planning it and designing it for a month.

The Christmas lights were put up last Saturday. That wasn't easy. There are parts of the roofline that I can't even reach while I'm standing on the top of the ladder. You know, the step that says, "Do not step on this it's too dangerous!"

Some electrical details had to be worked out, and once they were, the icicles came to life!!!



Oh, but there's more....

The metal cactus in the front yard has the big old style lights on it, and the dry river bed (strictly a southwest thing...) has lights in it!



And then there's the little details, like the 4 foot tall stocking, and the red festive ribbons, and the pine garland all around the front porch area....



Saturday it's all coming down!!