Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wild Horses

I don't know why I haven't ordered this CD yet, it's been out for about a month or so. Susan Boyles' original performance last summer on "Britain's Got Talent" still brings tears to my eyes, she was so wonderful and so folksy. But her voice is that of an angel, literally.
Her version of the Rolling Stones' "Wild Horses" is amazing, and it makes Mick Jagger sound incredibly awful. Really!
Here it is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3XAP0c8WU

I hope she has people taking care of her, because the industry that she's chosen to take part in will chew her up and spit her out. Just think of Brittany Spears, Lindsey Lohan, and Britney Murphy. Yes, I know, they're 20 years younger than her but they probably started out with 80% more street knowledge than Susan did.

I've got to get on Amazon now and order this CD.