Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Lifelong Republican

Since it's just not as cool for a kid to decide his political affiliation by simply looking at the pros and cons, I have found a way to recruit: by putting stars in their eyes.

When Stormy (Steve's Daughter) met Governor Palin on Saturday she instantly became a lifelong Republican. Here's a photo of Sarah saying to Stormy, "Thanks for coming out! Oh you are so beautiful!" It's true. I was there....
But all you can see is the top of Stormy's head because I'm struggling behind her to keep the hordes of people from crushing us.



Then yesterday Senator McCain came up to Havasu to attend a Vietnam Veteran's Day rally. Before the start of the rally he called a meeting with local elected officials and Precinct Committeemen (like myself) so I brought Shay along to be the photographer. It was a quick meeting, and since we were ahead of schedule we all had some time to talk with the Senator casually and get some photos. And that's when my dear boy Shay became a lifelong Republican....



Yes he looks uncomfortable but he does the same thing to me...