Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Camera, Again

Shawna has trouble keeping cameras. I lost one to a thief in Mexico last June. The one before that fell into the lake. This most recent one was dropped so many times that it finally gave up on me.

So we used some coupons and got a really nice new one. Nice enough that I'm going to need a neck strap. No more dropping on concrete or in the lake.

It's a little complicated, though. Aperture settings, shutter settings, blah blah blah...I read the manual and I'm not completely clear on things yet. But it has the stuff I need really badly: Panoramic shots, black and white shots, and a timer so I can photograph myself. If I don't have a camera with a timer, I don't exist. Because there's no one else taking photos of me.....

Today I was traveling along McCulloch Blvd and I saw this cactus blooming in someone's yard....



I remember it from last year; every time I saw it blooming I didn't have a camera with me. When I DID have a camera, the blooms were wilted and closed.

So today I took plenty of photos. It was 7:30am, I wonder what the homeowners were thinking when they saw someone in their landscaping taking photos...







Thanks to the Easter Bunny, Steve, for helping me afford this new camera!