Thursday, April 24, 2008

I wanna go home

Oh wait, I AM HOME. Been running so much lately, I have a difficult time figuring out what's home and what's work.
I'm ready for the stupid boating thing, but at the same time I'm quite pissed because I really had no intention of being down there for it. My boss just told me today that I HAVE to be down there in order for him to screw around out on the lake during the event. Oh great. So what will I be doing? That's yet to be determined. Supposedly I'm some sort of "decision maker." The head cheese on the beach. Whatever.
The West Coast's version of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is going on nearby in Laughlin Nevada. That's about an hour from here, and the motorcycles have been spilling over into our town for the past week. Everywhere I go I hear the rumble. I have plans to go up there, likely Friday afternoon. I'm taking a girl with me who needs a day away from all the stress. Her mom committed suicide last week, and the funeral was today. Apparently her mom was what I call a "spare person," because she was abusive, mentally ill, and a danger to all her children she had from all the different boyfriends and husbands. So, I will be taking Bethany to the motorcycle rally to help start the forgetting process. Not the healing process, that would be for a more normal situation.