Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No Poop Here

No poop, like at Brandy's house. Just a day off, sort of. I did a little work and I have errands to run. But the rest of the day I'm going to do laundry and clean!

My phone keeps ringing, because apparently somewhere along the line my number became the information hotline for the big boating event that's this weekend. I find that kind of strange because I really don't have much to do with the thing. I'm getting some equipment lined up but other than that I have other projects that I'll be working on while the boats are racing.

Sooo many things to write about, with all this stuff going on. I'm acting as Campaign Manager for a gentleman who is running for Superior Court Justice, and things are heating up in that race. It's a funny thing to be involved in, because there's so many different rules for people running in a judicial race. Since I had the opportunity to talk on the radio during the Relay, I mentioned my friend Dana (the lawyer running for the judge position) and I asked people to vote for him.
WELL....that caused all kinds of shockwaves throughout the political community because everyone has taken a side in this race. One of the rules about these candidates is they cannot advertise on the radio without giving the other candidates equal time. That is, during certain HOURS. So when I mentioned Dana on the radio the other night, it was outside of the FCC Regulated hours for candidates. The other candidates and their supporters were PISSED. I found it funny that they just happened to be listening when I was on there at 8pm.
So the next day, Dana and his lovely wife Patti were at a function and one of his opponent's supporters brought up the radio thing. His opponent's supporter just happens to be the judge in my divorce from the evil brown menace. He seemed perterbed that we got the leg up on him and his candidate. I'm sure my plug on the radio won't earn Dana any votes, but it got a psychological advantage over his opponent. Yes Dana, you're welcome.

I had another Myspace miracle this past week. This girl, Stephanie Miller, was a good friend in 9th grade. She found me on Myspace and made contact. Very cool!
She has four kids. What's with you midwesterners and all the kids????