Monday, August 18, 2008

The Car

So. The Honda didn't work out. Once we started talking price with the guys they got greedy and started adding on and it got to stupid levels.
The following day, I drove into a small used car dealer in town and intended on selling them some advertising. I looked around and saw immediately that they had some cool little cars that were actually quite cheap.
Long story short; I've got a Pontiac G5, and I have a commission coming from the ads they signed up for.
I immediately took the insurance off the Camaro and parked it on the driveway with a "For Sale" sign in the window.
On Thursday, my ex husband was arrested on his Felony Warrant for not paying me the gazillion dollars he owes from our divorce. I found out on Friday morning about it, so I immediately drove home to park the Camaro inside. I didn't want him taking revenge on my poor old car.
When I got the house, he'd already been there. The car was completely covered in gouges. I filed a police report, explained to them why my ex would do such a thing, and then spent the rest of the day driving toward California for my weekend in Pebble Beach. All the way there (ten hour drive) I thought about the car and I came to the conclusion that I need to keep the car and fix it up.
So that's the plan. We're going to repaint, fix all the little things that need attention, and then have it for Shay when he turns 16.