Friday, August 22, 2008

The Governator

Just got the Republican National Convention schedule emailed to me, and I was excited to see that the people kicking off the Convention on Monday the 1st will be President Bush, Laura Bush, Chaney (well who cares about that so much...) and Arnold Schwarzeneggar.
AWESOME!!!!!!!
The Governator and I will lock eyes, and he will be drawn to me in my cheap seat waaaaay in the back of the Convention. He will somehow see that I am actually a fun and interesting person to hang out with...
He will find a way to exchange email addresses with me.
He will introduce me to Maria.
We will smoke cigars together, sip Boones Farm and laugh about politics and such things. We of course will laugh with our booming AAAA HAA HAA HAA HAAA laughs.
And it's Boones Farm because we will agree that we don't need some pretentious expensive wine to show off in front of everyone. Perhaps an occasional shot of Patron to keep it real. Yeah, REAL FUN.
I will do my awful Arnold impression. He will do his squeaky Shawna impression and I'll be mildly insulted.
At the end of the Convention on Friday we will part with sad faces and promise to stay in touch. He will fly to Cal-eee-foor-nee-aaah in his custom Gulfstream and I'll get on the stupid commerical airliner with my coach class ticket.
Then he will periodically send me jokes on the email. Maybe a text message once in a while.
I'll email him suggestions on fixing the Cal-ee-foor-nee-aaah economy.
He'll ignore them.
I'll tell everyone that I'm good pals with Arnold.
And they won't believe me.

At Christmas when he sends a card, I will frame it.

And we will exchange tamale recipes.