Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cardinal Rule. Broken.

My skin has been a mess since 5th grade. The only thing that will clear it up for a considerable amount of time is the sun. However, we all know that the sun is not a great friend and being a resident in a county known for the largest number of skin cancer patients each year brought me to make a conscious decision a couple of years ago:

NO MORE SUNBATHING.

I get enough sun exposure by just working outside to keep my skin a reasonable color. There's no need to sunbathe. I use sunscreen everyday, even though my sensitive skin feels like it's burning when I put it on.

But my skin has gotten so incredibly bad these past few months. I look like a teenager with very bad luck. (you know, crows feet around the eyes and acne everywhere else) So I went out and sat in the sun today. I did get a little work done out there; the jacuzzi and pool needed some cleaning and I took care of that. But I admit I did some sitting. I can just feel the skin cancer growing on me right now.

So, while I was out there, I heard a loud noise coming from the house.

I looked up, and a huge swarm of bees was approaching from the South. Right over the top of the house, into the back yard. When I say huge, I mean the whole swarm covered our yard and the neighbor's, which makes about an acre combined. I got near the jacuzzi, ready to jump in and submerge if needed. After about a minute the swarm moved on. What a trip.