Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day. Hmmmm...



I got roses and cards in the morning, then we promptly began the process of getting the boat ready for a day on the lake. It's the first time the boat has been anywhere since last September, so it was in need of cleaning and fuel, towels, coolers with drinks and snacks, ice, etc. On and on and on.
Steve's daughter brought the only friend of hers who can definitely be labeled an a-hole. Yes, she is a total a-hole. I would like to be nice and call her difficult but Shay and I have personally seen her in action.
So I figure for Father's Day I will just ask Steve to name any a-hole. Just name one. And I will invite that a-hole to spend the day with us.

Shay and I entertained ourselves. We played frisbee on the beach, doing different Karate Kid motions between each throw. Then we took flattering photos of each other.




We saw burros! They were heading back into the desert after having a drink at the lake. Pretty cool to see a whole family of them.





I had a turkey in the slow cooker at home, but once we got there no one would eat except Shay and I. So we enjoyed some wonderful Mother's Day turkey by ourselves. Lovely!!!