Thursday, July 9, 2009

Food Recalls

I just read about the ongoing investigation of the cookie dough e.coli poisoning. They just announced that three different e.coli strains were identified.
Fortunately, I don't have a cookie dough fetish.

But I DO love tomatoes, jalapenos, and lots of other veggies. And last summer, we ate quite regularly the cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon that Pioneer Woman showed on her website. And we made cheese stuffed tomatoes, and we ate lots of corn and onions, etc.
The FDA announced their concerns of a Salmonella outbreak, and they assumed it was from tomatoes. Once we heard that, we cut back on the tomatoes.

But we continued eating plenty of jalapenos.

And at the end of the summer, the FDA announced, "Oops, we were wrong. It wasn't the tomatoes, it was jalapenos."
Well that would explain my digestive problems.....
I had salmonella all of last summer, and the effects did not go away for many months.
I always had to be near a bathroom.

But I read this article today that states many people don't even pay attention when there's a food recall. Okay. That's logical. Not.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/wireStory?id=7331774