Friday, July 10, 2009

Arevelo Academy

Steve's been pushing for me to go work out at a gym for a couple of years now. I don't know why. Maybe he thinks I'm too girly?
So I finally signed up. The Arevelo Academy is run by Rudy and offers Mixed Martial Arts as well as an adult Kick Boxing program, and martial arts for all ages of kids. But the class I was most interested in was the morning women's course. It is called the "Women's Hard Core." After my first week of classes, I understand that meaning. It mixes kick boxing with very intense training, mostly targeting the areas on women that tend to be PROBLEM AREAS. My abs, thighs, and butt have been worked very very HARD!!!
This morning I took my camera, and got a photo of me and Shanna working the bags.
Kind of a neat coincidence, that we have the same name pronounced differently.






And you know the place must be hard core if there's a picture of Bruce Lee in the bathroom: