Monday, December 14, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

Recently on a trip to Phoenix I discovered the Ranch Market. I had asked some friends where there'd be a good place to get some different kinds of hot sauce, and they took me there.
The un-politically correct discription would be to call it the big Mexican store. It is the size of a Wal Mart, and it is all Mexican foods, pastries, cheeses, hot sauces, and it has the most glorious meat and seafood section.

So I took Shay and Steve to see this marvel, the happiest place on Earth.

First stop, the chicharrones booth. It's fried pork skin. Ick. But Steve loves that stuff, and we picked out a pound of it from the plexiglass box in the background:



Next stop, the glorious meat counter. Any cut of mammal or fowl can be found here. ANYTHING. So Shay posed in front of the bin full of chicken feet:



Then we spotted this atrocity:



It's a cow head. Fresh!

The ground pork is smiling at us here:



Oh.....the seafood. I've never seen so much wonderful treats. Octopus, tilapia, shrimp, and crab meat all calling to me....



And the fishies!!



We left with a big back of pork skin and some new hot sauces. And fresh guacamole. Ole!