Monday, December 14, 2009

Not To Be Taken Lightly

Today I was sworn in as the new Republican Women's President. I haven't had much time to give it thought, but it is a bit of a big deal. So that makes me a big deal.
Just kiddin.

I will have better pictures when Doug and Linda email them to me (AHEM! Doug and Linda, if you're reading this...)

But here's what Buster took with my camera:



That's a local judge, Jill Davis, swearing us in at the podium. I'm the big-haired short person next to her. Then the rest of the Republican Women's board is lined up next to me.

Besides the installment of officers, we had a couple of little presentations. Linda (outgoing President) gave me a President's pin. Then Sue (outgoing 1st Vice President) gave Linda a pin. I got choked up and thankfully had time to breathe and get calm. I knew this was a big responsibility being trusted to me and I had to think for a few moments that maybe it would be much better if Linda just stayed President. Then I could keep my spot in the back of the room during the meetings.

Now I've got a gavel. I will only use it when things get roudy. Which means never. Or maybe I'll develop a horrible power complex and use it all the damn time!