Monday, December 14, 2009

The Leather Jacket



In 1990 I had short, curly hair. It was a perm, or what was left of it I am sure. I had just moved here the summer before from the midwest. I gave away all my winter clothing and jackets.
I was dating Shay's dad, and he gave me a leather jacket for Christmas. Which was good because I was told that I didn't need a jacket at all in Arizona. That turned out to be soooo false.
It does actually get cold here.

Now, the jacket didn't have a smudge on it. That was just the photo. It's rather old. Nearly 20 years old.

Yesterday in Phoenix, I took this picture with Steve and his cousin Sarah:



I was feeling a little weird so I didn't smile too huge. There was some uncomfortable stuff going on. But I still have my leather jacket!!!
The hair is curly on its own now, no perm necessary. Don't know why that is.

The jacket remains.