Monday, December 28, 2009

Smiley Cyrus



At Uncle Jim's on Christmas Day, my cousin's daughter broke out her new guitar. I kept trying to get in and take photos of her, but she would hide her face each time I appeared. So I photographed her from around the corner.

She didn't know what to think of me, because all the rest of the adults were hanging out and talking with, well, adults. I wanted to play.

Especially when I saw her new doll house. It wasn't a Barbie Dream House (enter trademark symbol here) but it was cool enough. All wood, with little dolls and fantastic Art Deco furniture. I just wanted to play.

When she saw me over at her three foot tall doll house, she joined me. I would rearrange a room, she'd knock it all down. I kept telling her that we needed to stop it with the Hurricane Katrina stuff, and she'd give me a strange look. Hey I can't help it if she doesn't watch the Weather Channel!!
I gave her doll a Snuggie (enter trademark symbol here), and Avery would yank the Snuggie off. Well, it WAS her sock anyway...



At 7pm, Avery's mom and dad announced that it was time to go home. Being friends with four year olds has its limitations.