Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Resolution

I never make resolutions. Well, actually, I do but not on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. It is senseless to make a rule for my life on only one day of the year. I come up with new rules all the dang time.

But I thought it would be a productive thing to read my 2010 Horoscope (even though I don't believe in Astrology) to try and come up with a plan for my year.

Boy was that a mistake.

The very first prediction I read was ominous. It was very negative, telling me that I was going to have a really rough year. But it tried to put a positive spin on it by talking about how Capricorns are strong and I will be earning the respect of many people by being true to my Astrological sign and weathering the tough times.

I blew it off.

Then I began thinking about it as I was trying to fall asleep in the middle of the night. And I began worrying.
"What did it mean by a rough year? The City Council Campaign? My personal life? Am I really up to this?????"

For several days I kind of agonized over it. Then I figured out a solution. I looked up my horoscope on a different website. I liked what it had to say.

It said I would have a very prosperous and successful year. My business would earn money, I'd be enjoying some travel, family life would be just fine, and the only thing to worry about would be some possible stomach troubles at the end of 2010.
I like it. I'll take it.

My only resolution: don't look at those stupid horoscopes.