Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mark Hahn Memorial 300

I was lucky enough to be a staff member once again during the Mark Hahn Memorial Race. It's 300 miles of jet ski racing out on Lake Havasu, in fact it's the world's longest continual jet ski race. 10 mile laps, nearly 50 race teams, and quite a bit of wind and rain was this year's fun stuff....









The awards ceremony is always long because there are lots of classes, lots of participants, and lots of people who need to be recognized for their involvement and effort. But I had to laugh when the guy who did scoring with his transponder system was asked to come up on stage and say a few words. Okay, that's overkill. But the system worked very nicely. Made my job a lot easier. In fact, it ELIMINATED the worst part of my job!!

The transponder guy had a co-worker with him, and as soon as I saw him I gasped because he looked so much like my half brother Dwane who lives in Iowa. Here's Dwane with his wife:



And here's Dwane's doppleganger out on the lake with me on Saturday:



They could be twins. TWINS!

Well here's the best photo I have of the overall winners of the race; Craig Warner and Vince Ferrara.



It was a dark stage, and this photo turned out because someone's flash went off the same time mine did. Right on!!!