Sunday, March 21, 2010

Uncle Jim is Broken

Shay and I went to visit Uncle Jim today, because he broke his neck. Really!
A car pulled a nice little maneuver in front of him while he was riding his bicycle, he crashed and noticed his neck hurt a lot.
I didn't find out about it until I got a voicemail later in the day that said,
"Hey, I don't know if you knew about this, but your Uncle Jim got into an accident on his bike today and he was airlifted to Vegas!"
Apparently I'm a bit low on the totem pole in the family, so I hadn't been notified.
I got word from the "network." I'm fortunate that I found out before it was in the newspaper the next day.
Oh, and for the record, the newspaper said U.J. (Uncle Jim) was getting a citation. That's not true. Just another little thing that the reporter made up. Our paper does that sometimes.
Even more interesting, the driver of the car who pulled in front of U.J. isn't getting a citation.

After getting examined in the hospital in Vegas, U.J. was told by the doctors that he'd be better off with a halo instead of surgery. So he gets to wear hardware for a couple of months, and riding a bike is out of the question.



He's talking on the cell phone while resting in his recliner.

Get Well U.J.!