Saturday, May 22, 2010

Wendy Rogers

Part of the training I've been in promotes networking, and getting to know other women who are vying for either political roles or leadership roles in their community. My classmates (18 of them) are stupendous (yes I learned that word from the program. Just kiddin.) They are very accomplished, they make me feel like a total slacker.
One of my classmates is Wendy Rogers. I can't describe what an amazing feeling it is to be able to say she's a friend. She is an ass kicker. She was one of the Air Force's first female pilots. When she got married her husband took HER last name. Alright, kidding again. When she does push ups, she doesn't move-- the Earth moves AWAY from her. Kiddin again.
But really, it is just great to have her acquaintence. Or acquaintenance. It's good to know her.
She is running for our State Senate--for her district, which is in Tempe. A part of Phoenix, really. I finally got a chance to see one of her campaign signs as I was in her neighborhood last week. I was so excited!!!





She rides her bike on the campaign trail, and she has visited literally thousands of homes. I've visited hundreds myself, since March....but she's been to thousands. She wants the job of Senator, like you wouldn't believe.

Her website, www.wendyrogers.org is very comprehensive, and it does a good job of showing what kind of person she is. She's a leader!

So, today, I am hitting the streets to meet voters. It's Wendy Rogers style!!!!