Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Worked A Little This Morning

The palm trees get these branches that sprout occasionally, I think they're seed pods. They weigh more than a regular old palm frawn (branch) and they're messy. The tree next to our swimming pool had sprouted about 7 of these darn branches and I didn't realize it till I looked in the pool and saw a HUGE mess.




So out came the Sawz All and ladder. I sawed away!

But I kept hearing a buzz, one a little different from the Sawz All. It was a swarm of bees that was perfectly happy with the sweet blooms on the seed pods. Each time I cut down a seed branch, I had to drop the Sawz All and run to the other side of the yard while the bees calmed down.







The smell was wonderful, it was sweet like candy. Too bad these suckers are so messy-I'd rather have that nice fragrance in the back yard!